Awesome Outdoor Activities in the Garden State Near Your Condos in Long Branch, NJ
The 1845 Attorney General of the United States, Abraham Browning, once compared his native State of New Jersey to a large barrel filled with good things to eat and open on both ends—with Pennsylvanians grabbing from one end and New Yorkers from the other.
Boasting 4.5 million acres and stunning landscapes, New Jersey is always pleading to be explored. From the captivating shore on the eastern coast to the majestic mountains in the northwest, it doesn’t matter how much you think you’ve seen of the Garden State; there is always more to offer. Whether you are just visiting or are a local living at condos in Long Branch, NJ, there are endless activities for the outdoor enthusiast.
If you live at The Lofts Pier Village –the most luxurious oceanfront condos around Long Branch, NJ –then you have most likely already fallen in love with NJ’s incomparable beaches and sunsets. But there’s more to New Jersey than beautiful beaches and outstanding views. If you are an active, adventurous soul, here’s a small taste of the many spectacular activities you’ll be able to experience in the Garden State.
Seven Presidents’ Oceanfront Park
If you are not used to wandering on your own and want to explore within a designated area, this beautiful 38-acre beach park is a fantastic option. It offers excellent swimming spots in the summer and also provides an excellent place for tranquil walks in the off-season.
Other amenities offered during the high season include kayaking, fishing, canoeing, and surfing. The Park has lifeguards, changing areas, outdoor showers, snack bars, and eating spots. There’s a great children’s’ playground area called Tony’s Place and many picnic sites. Fees are only charged during the summer (from Memorial Day to Labor Day).
If you’re a hiking enthusiast and you live at The Lofts Pier Village condos in Long Branch, NJ, you’re in luck! The surrounding area offers daily reminders of what you can experience in the outdoors when you strap on your hiking boots.
Sometimes the only thing we need to decompress from our work stress or from running errands is getting in touch with nature by taking a beautiful hike. NJ harbors more than 100 trails that you can walk, hike, or jog. Some of them are challenging even for the most experienced hikers; others are ideally suited for a calming, restorative leisure walk. Here’s a couple of fantastic hiking location:
- The Somerset County Parks Commission: Some of the quaintest settings in all of New Jersey, Somerset County Parks offer miles of trails that are excellent for jogging, walking, and adventuring. And, if you prefer mountain biking to hiking, there are also many trails throughout the park system designed for biking recreation: the Sourland Mountain Preserve or Washington Valley Park are the hottest spots for mountain bikers! If you prefer pavement, The Colonial Park is worth checking out. One thing for sure: Somerset County Parks offer something for the whole family!
- Hackelbarney State Park: There’s a common belief that this park gets its quirky name from a translation of the Native American word for “bonfire.” Today, Hackelbarney has become one of the state’s favorite spots for hiking. The views that look out over the stunning Black River are breathtaking. This park is also a good option for those who enjoy bird watching, picnicking, and fishing.
Speaking about fishing, it is almost impossible to say “condos in Long Branch, NJ” without thinking about a fishing boat departing, ready for adventure! When looking for a fishing boat to join, you’ll want to consider fun, professionalism, and safety.
Fortunately. NJ is filled with locations that offer state-of-the-art equipment to help enthusiasts better up their chances of a great catch. Expeditions are available for both fresh and saltwater environments, and most of them offer ample opportunities to get out. Some of these companies offer private fishing trips. Here are some of the very best around town:
- Reel Fun Sportfishing: Set in the Northern Shore Region of NJ, this charter specializes in fluke and striped bass fishing. They also catch blackfish, bluefish, weakfish, and porgies. The trip lasts an average of 4 to 6 hours, and up to 4 anglers are allowed in the boat. They also specialize in saltwater fly fishing! They’d be happy to offer advice and techniques on how to practice this special art. If you love to fish but do not want to spend an entire day in the water—or you are just in for the lovely sightseeing— “Magic Hours” Charters and Sunset Cruises are also available.
- Captain Mike Murphy: Another great fishing opportunity is with Captain Mike Murphy, who has been navigating the New Jersey waters for over three decades! Six Eights is a private charter that offers trips throughout the fishing season. The Six Eights is a 29ft equipped with a full Raymarine electronics package, along with other features designed to increase the possibilities of a great catch. The crew specializes in catching sea bass, bluefish, fluke, and mahi-mahi.
This trendy Hawaiian original sport provides a fun adventure –usually in calm waters. Not only are the views you can get of the water and landscape quite beautiful, but this activity offers a great workout, especially for your core! For inexperienced paddlers, all it takes is a bit of balance, a few pointers on technique, and before you know it, you’ll be conquering the waters and having a blast.
- Harvey Cedars Marina: The Harvey Cedars Marina is a great paddling location—especially if you’ve never paddled before. You’ll be able to rent all equipment that you need and they also offer stand up paddle lessons. Once you are comfortable stroking, you can cross deeper waters with the instructors. The friendly staff also provide surfing lessons if you want to take it up a notch. Lessons can be private or semi-private ––in case you are bringing a small group—and rental hours are from one hour to the entire day. If you are still hesitating about standing up on the paddle, you can rent a kayak here as well. Single and tandems are both available. The other great trait about this location is that if you fall in love with paddling, you can turn your rental into a deposit for a new board! Harvey Cedars Marina is a Bic Sport and Hobie authorized dealer.
The Delaware River offers a unique floating experience where you can enjoy the river via tubing, kayaking, rafting or canoeing.
- Delaware River Tubing: This company offers it all, along with a shop that includes all the must-have items for your favorite water activity. You could enjoy a scenic tour (typically ranging from 2 to 4 hours). They have many specials and programs. For example, they offer different rates for scouts, camps, and corporate groups. They also have birthday party specials! Each one of their rentals includes a free BBQ Lunch meal at “The Famous River Hot Dog Man,” with picnic tables along the water and a private island to explore. Delaware River Tubing offers a great way to spend the day with your family or friends.
- Al and Sam’s: This company has three drop-off locations in Ocean County, NJ. If you choose Al and Sam’s and are eager to experience something truly unique, sign up for one of their full moon paddle rides on Parvin Lake. Their friendly staff will drop your canoes and pick them up once your trip is over.
Grab a sleeping bag and sleep out under the sky. Roast marshmallows over the fire and tell stories. Listen to the sounds of night critters and look in awe at the expansive stars. New Jersey has some of the best spots in the entire country for camping during all four seasons, so get out and experience a night in the wilderness! And, of course, it’s always nice to get home again to The Lofts Pier Village condos in Long Branch, NJ.
- Ocean View Resort: This is NJ’s biggest private campground. The 189 wooden acre area is filled with activities and amenities for all ages and preferences. It has shaded campsites for RV’s, areas for tents, and highly-equipped trailers. You can go as rudimentary or equipped as you desire.
- Sussex Skylands: This resort offers all-year long exciting activities. From its fantastic water park during the summer, to skiing, snowboarding, and, snow tubing during the winter. Its countless attractions encompass 40 miles of the Appalachian Trail, ideal for biking, hiking, and wildlife sightseeing. And, of course, they have spectacular camp sites!
The options for outdoor activities around New Jersey are many—this is but a small sampling. It’s not difficult to get out, even if you don’t have time to go camping or take up paddle boarding. You can always enjoy a picnic in one of the many parks—some favorites include the Forest Lodge and the Fountain Springs Country Club. Horseback riding is another great outdoor activity we didn’t even get into in this article. Echo Lake Stables offers all sorts of fun trips (even night rides!) as well as guided lessons.
With forests, mountains, marshlands, lakes, and the ocean, the Garden State is a paradise for those who like to get in touch with Nature and have a one-on-one with its many wonders.
To learn more about the luxurious Pier Village Condos in Long Branch, NJ, go to The Lofts Pier Village website and get ready to fall in love.